Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review: The Death Cure by James Dashner

Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.

What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.

The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?



Title: The Death Cure
Series: Maze Runner #3
Published: October 11th 2001 by Delacorte Books
ISBN: 0385738773 (ISBN13: 9780385738774)
Barnes&Noble|Amazon

This book has been surprising in so many ways. I have, amazingly, grown very fond of Thomas. Brenda, for some reason, I haven't. She was introduced in the second book, and does really help out during the entire book; I just don't like her that much. On the other hand, Teresa, who was introduced in the first book, still gets very little time. I think she's made into too much of a villain, but near the end of the series she does something to show just how much she really cares for Thomas. Minho is amazing, and always will be. Newts future was decided in the second book, which I do wish was changed, he doesn't get as much time as he should in the third book.
I felt there was more violence in the book compared to the first. This book was also different because in the first two the setting is about the same for most of the book, in this one it changes more, which I found to be a bit refreshing. WICKED headquarters were interesting, and I understand why they do what they do. Not that I would agree with it. The Right Hand (rebels) is the group I really don't like. No, not because they're going against the government  It's what they do once during the attack of WICKED that I don't agree with.
The epilogue is the same as it always had been, always one of my favorite parts of the book. Not only that but the ending wasn't what I expected, because I did think that James Dashner was going to answer all of the pressing questions we've been waiting to be answered for so long. But no. The next book, a prequel, does seem interesting but right now I honestly have no idea what I'm reading next, but I'm sure I will read it. Eventually. 

Hah. Two posts in one day.
Book Nerd and Proud, 
K.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment