Saturday, February 2, 2013

Review: Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles

Caleb Becker left Paradise eight months ago, taking with him the secret he promised to take to his grave. If the truth got out, it would ruin everything.

Maggie Armstrong tried to be strong after Caleb broke her heart and disappeared. Somehow, she managed to move on. She's determined to make a new life for herself.

But then Caleb and Maggie are forced together on a summer trip. They try ignoring their passion for each other, but buried feelings resurface. Caleb must face the truth about the night of Maggie's accident, or the secret that destroyed their relationship will forever stand between them.





Title: Return to Paradise
Series: Leaving Paradise #2
Published: September 1st, 2010 by Flux
ISBN: 0738718688 (ISBN13: 9780738718682)
Barnes&Noble|Amazon

To start, I get so frustrated with couples sometimes. Although, it did take me months to finally admit my feelings for my current boyfriend, so I can’t really complain.

Again, I loved the changes in the point of view; it gives a lot of insight to be able to really see both sides of the story.

We get to see changes in the current characters, and also a few new ones. Caleb changes alot during this entire book. You see him try be his ex-con self, but by the end of the book you see the true Caleb. Maggie is stronger from the start, but is always trying to get over Caleb, not like he gives her much of a choice.

Lenny, Matt, Erin and Trish were all great characters. At one point, Trish gives Caleb advice on Maggie. I really liked how she protects Erin (who was reading a book at one point in the book. I automatically liked her.) Lenny was very annoying in the beginning but had started to grow on me towards the end. Julio also makes a reappearance, and although I didn't see myself liking him at first, he grew on me too. Personally I like all of the new charters a lot more than Caleb's old friend, most of whom weren't good friends to him in the first place.

It was really hard to put this book down, but I found the will to because the ending of this series is really sad. I’m sure I’ll reread both of these books, more than once.  

The ending was amazing and, if anything was wrong with this series it’s that it doesn’t have another book! I would love to read more of Maggie and Caleb. 

Be a books best friend
Book Nerd and Proud,
K.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment