Saturday, March 23, 2013

Review: Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

“Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you... no one.”

Those were some of Rhode’s last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.

Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.

I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn’t Rhode.

But Justin was... daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.

I never expected to be sixteen again... then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...

Title: Infinite Days
Series: Vampire Queen #1
Published August 3rd 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin
ISBN: 0312649916 (ISBN13: 9780312649913)
Barnes & Noble|Amazon

This isn’t your average vampire book. When Lenah was a vampire she would track you and your every movement, once she was ready, she would rip your throat out without a second thought about the person she was killing, even going so low as to once kill a little girl. These vampires are pure evil. After her first lover, Rhode, had left her she made a coven of very talented vampires. Song, Vicken, Gavin and Heath, they were all bound together, a family.

To me, one of the most interesting points is that once a vampire falls in love (and it can be more than once, at the same time too) they’re bound, forever connected to each other. While I’m on the topic, my favorite scenes of this book were those from Lenah’s past experiences as a vampire, especially the ones with Rhode. He was in nature, evil, but the most compassionate of them all.
They were speaking about me as though I wasn't there. Anger shot through me, which surprised me at first. I wanted to kill them both, though something within me told me it wasn't a good idea.
On a second thought, I wouldn't have sucked they dry--even if I were a vampire. I hated the taste of anyone over thirty, anyway. 
Once Lenah is turned into a human, she could feel again, have a rational thought without always wanted to kill people (alright, MOST of the time she didn't.) But, she was also buried for a hundred years. A lot has happened over the past hundred years, and reading about her relearning everything--how to live in the present day was very interesting (especially so because she wasn't whiny about it).

This book was also about her love life, and in case it wasn't already obvious, I love Rhode.
Anywhere you go, I will go...
Really, now, how couldn't you love him?! Okay, maybe a reason would be because he's an evil vampire, still! This new love of hers, Justin, doesn't compare. He's flawless, insanely beautiful and smart. There is also Vicken, but I could never really see her with him, he was too evil for me, I like Justin more than Vicken.

The ending was amazing, with lots to be expected in the next book. I have it, and cannot wait to read it for the first time (it’s my second time reading this book, though that was years ago).

Evil be he who thinketh evil.
Book Nerd and Proud, 
K.G. 

No comments:

Post a Comment