Saturday, May 25, 2013

Review: Timeless by Michelle Madow

IT'S A RACE AGAINST TIME.

In Remembrance, Lizzie and Drew changed the course of fate so they could be together.

In Vengeance, Chelsea set fate back on its original, deadly path.

Now, strange things keep happening to Lizzie. Things that are omens of darkness to come. A curse has doomed her to die an early death, just as she did in her past life. To make matters worse, even if she can figure out who cast the curse, it's irreversible. There's only one option left for her to save herself. It's crazier than anything she's heard yet, and to do it, she'll need Drew and Chelsea's help.

Because to make things right, they must go back to when it all began ... and Lizzie discovers that the final events in her past life were more sinister than she ever imagined.

Title: Timeless
Series: Transcend Time #3
Published November 14th 2012 by Dreamscape Publishing
ISBN: 0615692931 (ISBN13: 9780615692937)
Barnes & Noble|Amazon
Sometimes there are still days when I wake up and wonder if this has actually happened, or if it’s been one long dream.
Why was it that when you were looking forward to a specific day, it took forever to arrive, but when you were dreading a day, it was there immediately?
I loved these quotes, and this book was a page turner, at times it could be really hard to put down, even when I knew I had to. Instead of the entire series just being about reincarnation, in this book there are elements of magic and something else (it was so amazing), which was pretty awesome. While I was reading the first book, I really wouldn't have guessed that it was about anything other than reincarnation. In general this book had so many surprises, I constantly saying things like "That's what was in the potion Chelsea drank?! Oh my god." (really, wait until you find out what it is), and I loved how it wasn't predicable. The plot was just great, I would've even liked the book to be longer and have more romantic Lizzie and Drew moments, I loved them  as a couple and felt like now that they're together they'd actually have more scenes together, but it really isn't the case. Although, she did a very good job of having them in love without over doing the physical side of the relationship, they rarely kissed and I'm almost positive there isn't a make out scene in the book. That being said, I thought it was also a good idea because they didn't really have a chance to be friends before, and even though they're dating now they're getting to know, and wholehearted trust each other, not just as best friends but has partners too. I found it to be incredibly sweet.

Lizzie is such a good person overall, she doesn't hold a grudge against Chelsea, even though she almost killed her. She even tried not to be too affectionate to Drew while Chelsea was around because it might still be too soon for her! Chelsea really did change, I didn't like her at all in the beginning of the book and by the end I didn't mind her, I even liked her. She's completely changed, and even assists Drew and Lizzie in saving Lizzie's life. She seems to realize, even though she doesn't say it, that she'll find the one who is truly meant for her too. Jeremy,  who doesn't have a big part but is in the beginning, is starting to see that he's meant for someone else, and is very sweet to Lizzie in the...one scene they have together. As for Drew, I wanted more of him, he's so sweet and determined.

The ending was really great, I loved it. It made sense and brought the story to a nice close without many questions being unanswered (I say many because I want to know who Chelsea will be with! Maybe she hasn't met him yet.) I really can't say much about it without ruining the book, other than: wait until you get to the epilogue, the first lines of it left me speechless, and then I read on...it was amazing. One of the better endings I've read, and again, I wish the book was longer, or there just another book about Drew and Lizzie!

"If a book is well written, I always find it too short." -Jane Austen
Book Nerd and Proud,
K.G.


1 comment:

  1. I love reading a book that has couples that seem so sweet and you can not help yourself from becoming a fan of them begin together.

    ReplyDelete