Saturday, June 15, 2013

Review: Enchantment by Nikki Jefford

Barcelona. Summer escape. Or so Graylee Perez thought until her old adversary, Adrian Montez, brings his magic show to Spain.

Gray seeks out a Spanish wizard to help banish Adrian from her life once and for all. Instead, she tumbles headfirst into a love spell with the arrogant warlock.

After Gray follows Adrian to Paris, she must face her true feelings and decide if Adrian’s worth fighting for.








Title: Enchantment
Series: Spellbound #3
Published April 6th 2013 by Nikki Jefford (first published April 5th 2013)
ISBN13: 9781939997425
Barnes & Noble|Amazon
From Entangled: 
“Love is a more powerful force than magic. You can trick the mind and even the heart, but never the soul. When a person is not free to love with their soul, that is not love and that is why a love spell can never truly work.”
I realize I expressed some concerns about the plot in the last book, but even if it's only purpose was so Nikki Jefford could write this book, I wouldn't complain. Lately, I've had a hard him really getting into books. I'll read one a week, but the second I picked up this book I had a hard time setting it down. I read it in two sittings, and boy, did I wish it went on forever. I guess that's part of the reason I love books--the intoxication of it all. It's like having a whole new set of friends, who go on journeys to marvelous places, and you can feel what they do, visualize the world around them. It's so entrancing, but not every book does that, it's those books that's make you want to get to the last page, but you savor every word, and once it's over you wish that there was more.  There were so many twists I didn't expect, so, I feel it's a bit difficult to review without unveiling a few, and I definitely do not want that, so I'll step around it as much as possible.

Gray chooses to go to a retreat for young people who want a break from magic. Well, considering that Gray is the only person enroll on her own, maybe the other students aren't taking a willing break from magic. She means new people, makes new friends, and finds a cute guy, everything is going great. That's until the cute guy is groping another girl, and her friends decide to take her to a magic show. A magic show featuring the one and only Adrian Montez. Now, could it be a complete coincidence that Adrian took his magic show to Spain? Sure. Does Gray think it is? Definitely not. She uses one of her new friends contacts to try to get rid of Adrian, make him leave her life, forever. When she least expects it, she gets put under a love spell. It just so happens that Adrian didn't put it on her.

He keeps pushing her away, knowing that once the spell is broken she'll regret their time together. After a while Gray starts to doubt the spell is the only reason she has feelings for Adrian. I loved the romance between Gray and Adrian, you get to see another side of Adrian, a loving and caring side. A part of Adrian that will protect Gray even if she doesn't love him. Adrian's past is also uncovered, and we learn what the accident is, and why he's in this body. 

Charlene does make an appearance in this book, and an amazing one at that. I was actually glad she made a come back, not that she's suddenly a good person or anything, but she was a great addition to the book. 
Lee and Raj also make a small appearance in the book, an interesting one at that.
I love seeing the two different sides of Graylee, I think it shows how one event, or decision can change a person so drastically. 

This book did not disappoint me, it was even better than the first two, with even better writing and an entrancing plot line that left me hanging on to every last word. The ending was amazing, and not bittersweet at all this time, I loved it. I love this cover too! The entire series had great covers.If not another book, a short story would be so great.

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” ― Charles William Eliot
Book Nerd and Proud,
K.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment